View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 04:57 PM

Default The Hybrid Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Ok, I found the section you're referring to at around 42:21.

He's talking about PEC/Direct monitoring for post production dubbing workflows. That workflow generally has multiple Pro Tools source machines playing back which then get summed and printed to a Pro Tools recorder (dubber) system. Part of that workflow is punching in when making mix changes. When you do that you want to be able to monitor those hardware inputs (Pro Tools source machine outputs) in low latency just as you would when overdubbing a guitar, for example.

The other use case he mentions is offloading plugin processing to DSP to free up the CPU for other tasks.

For your last question above about upstream Native plugins, see post #45.

Hope that helps.

Hi Kyle and thanks for all the explanations.
I work in post with HDX1 and always use input monitoring to record my stems and masters and I been using the “blue mode” latency compensation off in a track by track basis. With the hybrid engine if I use my stem master tracks to input monitoring, the compensation will be automatically ?
And I will be able to monitor my recorded stems and inputs without changing it to blue mode ?

Give us now the hybrid engine please!!!!
I need it so urgent !!
I been switching back and forth between native and HDX for a while now with a troublesome switching and cabling every time I work with huge 5.1 sessions over my voice limitations. I really love HDX with the ability also to really put a lot of hardware inserts and really do hybrid mixing!

I will be staring a new mix in a couple of days and this upgrade will explode my workflow and my Mac Pro 2019 that is so needed to help me !!

Thanks

Pablo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk