View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 11:27 AM

Default Avid drops Pro Tools reinstatement on 01-01-2020

I received a mail from my dealer today stating that Avid drops Pro Tools reinstatement on 01-01-2020.

So if you are too late to buy a next year of your Software Updates + Support Plan you will not be able to reinstate it anymore. You will be forced to buy a new full version of the Pro Tools software (at the full price) or you will need to go the subscription route (or keep using your perpetual license without further software updates indefinitely).

I do not know if the one month grace period remains active, but I guess not.

Also, I checked my Avid account today: it seems the auto-renewal option for my Software Updates + Support Plan for my Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual license has disappeared.

So now you need to check it yourself and put a note in your agenda to remember to buy a new year of Software Updates + Support Plan.

Actually I wonder if Avid will send me mail with a warning to buy a a new year of Software Updates + Support Plan before the current one expires.

Somehow I think they will not, hoping I will forget all about it and go the subscription route afterwards, because that is what they want everyone to do anyway.

Mac Pro 2019 - 3.2GHz 16-core - 96GB RAM - macOS 14.4.1 - PT HDX3 - Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3.1 - Avid HD I/O 16x16 (x2) - Avid HD I/O 16x16 Digital - Digidesign 192 I/O - Digidesign 192D I/O (x3) - Avid SYNC HD - Apogee Big Ben - Apogee Rosetta 200 - Avid S3 - Slate RAVEN MTi2 (x2) - iConnectivity mioXL (x4) - Genelec ‘The Ones’ 9.1.6 Dolby Atmos Music monitoring (AES/EBU) with 8341A (x5) + 8331A (x10) + 7360A (x2) + 9301B - Almost all available AAX-DSP plug-ins

Last edited by Delta Music Belgium; 11-25-2019 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Grammar