View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 12:24 AM

Default Re: mcdsp 20 year anniversary subscription BARGAINS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
I saw that. I'm on the fence. McDSP is one of the few companies whose plugins I don't own any of. Not sure that I have much use for them. So I dunno...
well only you can decide that... if there is anything you need to know i'll happily answer with what i know and of course part of that will be opinion only, so, YMMV.

The new echo is amazing IMO, i use the dialog processor on vocals for levelling and deessing in one fell swoop all the time, i'm using the EQ's and compressorbank all over the place, the AE600 is the only dynamic EQ i know of that can do a dynamic low cut filter with resonance boost (sonnox DEQ, Waves F6, Hofa etc don't have dynamic available on the cut filters, nor are they resonant), the channel strip is my go to other than slate VMR, i don't even have revolver or analog channel installed TBH as i think they are crap, so believe me not a fan boy that thinks they can do no wrong. Also, i've been complaining about the crossover filters on their multi band stuff for a decade.. they are useless for full mixes as the crossovers themselves change the mix just by being on, and when you move them, some real destruction can happen, but for single sounds they are great. Futzbox is a one of a kind, G channel just works, and so on. I would *not* pay 30 a month for it, i'd get a few of the ones i can't live without when on super sales as perpetual licenses.. but for 12.99 a month it's crazy value.

I would just say to you, try their demo of their full installer, and see what you think.

I also do the kush subscription which i love as well. I have three subs going, kush, slate and mcdsp, and that covers all my native dynamics and EQ needs (besides pro Q2) completely.