View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Avid

Default Re: Eucon -> Protools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuser View Post
What?

Your talking about one feature a Knob.... ( The Control Room) which is an integrated part of Cubase and Nuendo. Its not anything to do with EUCON. The very fact you have some buttons to operate that side of the software is great but it doesn't negate the fact that EUCON abilities on Cubase compared to Logic are stunted. Have you used it with Logic and Cubase?

NOT being able to control any soft synths with the artist series on Cubase is not what I would call really deep integration. Im talking the most basic stuff that the cheapest generic controller can do these days but the artists series doesn't. You get no control over soft synths at all. Thats nowhere near as good as using a Mackie with Cubase because with that I can control every single parameter of any soft synth

But with Logic it controls everything, and I mean everything. Just install any soft synth and you can control it straight away. FOr people like me who use mostly soft synths thats a pretty big deal. Yes I can control EQ, compressor plugins with cuabse, but guess what, not all of them.

In case you hadnt noticed Buddah every single demo on the Euphonix site with the artist series was with Logic. Every single ad on the web and magazines showed an Apple Mac+ Euphonix +Logic. I never saw one with Cubase.

The more expensive Euphoniox controllers can do it al with Nuendo so maybe your confused?

So I totally disagree with your statement that its very deep becasue it most certainly isnt if your want to control soft synths. I have more control using a Novation Sl thing with Cubase than I do with the artist series.

Ive seen the artist series working with PTs and again its nothing like as elegant and integrated as it is with logic BECAUSE it doesnt use the EUCON protocol. Its a bit clunky. But thats going to change obviously now that Avid have bought the company.

Hey I welcome this news btw. I'm undecided whether to sell them or not. Im going to be moving back to PTs anyway, but on a PC. I was a PTs HD user five years ago. I dont like Cubase now, I hate the whole multiple windows thing now and now Pts has much better soft synth adn midi integration Im ready to return, and yes Ive missed the audio editing a lot. So this is my dilemma now. I fully expect PTs on the Mac to have full EUCON integration before the PC but Im not going to wait two years. I would like some news on this but I doubt that will be forthcoming any time soon.

So right now I totally disagree with you and will state again that the Artist Series as it currently stands is Logic Centric. But again, I know that will change now that Avid have taken over Euphonix. News that I fully welcome. But lets not be luddite about this. The thing was made for Logic, anyone can see that. Just like the Duet was. All nice and silver, very Apple looking
The new Nuendo 5 and Cubase 5.5 (just released today) now support VSTi control via EuCon. I would argue that Nuendo currently offers the deepest EuCon integration of any DAW. Also to clarify, EuCon is EuCon - Artist Series controllers do not run a different, defeatured version than the Pro consoles.