View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Inserting Hardware via i/o plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by abre View Post
It's no go. 1/2 in/out not working. Thanks. I guess I would have to use my Presonus Project Studio or my saffire pro dsp 24.
Hey there,

Hope it's not too late to resolve this. I ran into a similar issue when attempting to insert my Hardware into Pro Tools from my Apollo Twin. I resolved it by simply routing everything accordingly within Universal Audio's Console (UAC) App. If I am not mistaken, UAC allows you to create "duplicate" inputs. Meaning, I can have one of my Apollo Twin's physical inputs routed to multiple inputs within the Console's Digital Input Matrix (You can find this Matrix within UAC under Settings --> Core Audio). Same applies for the output matrix. Here's an example of a Mono signal being processed:

I start by sending my Twin's Line 3 out of Channel 3 on UAC's Output Matrix.

The return (my twin's Channel 2 input) is going into Channel 3 on UAC's Input Matrix.

This should allow you to use the Insert (Insert 3 -- Inserts 1 and 2 will be used by your main outputs and therefore will not be available for use. My guess is Avid implemented this to prevent the dreaded feedback loop from gracing us with it's presence) within Pro Tools appropriately (allowing you to monitor the newly processed signal while your entire mix is playing back out of the Twin's physical outputs: 1&2--assuming this is where your Main Output is pushing sound out of).

Let me know if this helps. I confused myself just typing this whole thing out.

Cheers!

-C

PS: I have attached images showing everything I mentioned above. Just make sure the settings in your PT IO Setup are the same within UAC's Core Audio (IO Matrix).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Console SS.pdf (175.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Settings - Core Audio SS.pdf (110.5 KB, 0 views)