View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 AM

Default SYNC I/O SMPTE and PT9 help

Friends I am having a problem with my Sync I/O and pt 9. I am trying to generate SMPTE so I can sync up my PT system to Digital Performer. I have not use Sync for a while so I think I might be missing a step. I have a Big Ben Master Clock in my set up, but for Sync to be used Apogee recommends letting Sync be the boss and then Big Ben can distribute the word clock to my other units. So, I hook up Sync to PT and use the BNC connector to connect to my Big Ben. Ben then distributes the Clock to my PT 192. In PT software I go to "session" and make sure I am synced and Locked. GREAT ... everything looks good. I can even control the Sync unit from PT. Now.... PT says go to Peripherals and click on enable Sync Peripheral... O.K ..Then Session for the rate.. Clock Ref is Internal. Now it says to click on the online button and Play... I don't think I am generating... The LTC out into DP does not show anything.... Does the front on the SYNC unit run the numbers? If I go to "sessions" should I see a running SMPTE? I don't!! I can't confirm that I am generating SMPTE.. I'm doing something wrong.... This should be simple so I know I missing something.. Any help..

Thanks
Mike