View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 11:33 AM

Default No audio signal or midi signal after pro tools 8.04 upgrade

I am desperately in need of help. Previously i was using the 8.03 upgrade. I was experiencing some issues. Pro tools has never ran incredibly smooth for me, but im used to it. I use the ASIO drivers for our DAWs mostly for production. The biggest issue with 8.03 is that if i dont start my 003 before my laptop is on, windows freezes and i have to do a hard restart. I never had this issue with 8.0 or 8.01. Obviously that gets annoying, so i decide to upgrade to 8.04. Everything seems to be working great. Vista even recognizes the 003 as a soundcard, so im able to play music through itunes, firefox, etc. When i open pro tools, or any other DAW, and record enable a track, there is no signal whatsoever. I turn the gain knobs up on my 003 just to see if there is a signal and there is. There is also no midi signal being sent to the DAW. I installed the CS update and still nothing. I NEED HELP! im probably going to have to go back a version or 2, but i was hoping someone could provide a solution before i had to. PLEASE HELP!!
thank you