View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 11:25 PM

Default Re: Digi 003 Rack Monitor Volume - crackling pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
You know, there is not a nicer and more relaxed person on the DUC than me but............................Not trying to be a prick here, but the attitude will get you nothing(except maybe banned). Pick up the phone and call them and treat them with respect. If you can't keep a level head with this, then maybe you should just pay other people to take care of this high tech crap so you can act like a spoiled musician. I can promise you are not likely to get part numbers on the USER conference. DUC stands for Digidesign USER Conference. I gave you solutions. If you don't like them, have a nice day.

BTW, try this link and click on the first option entitled TECHNICAL SUPPORT. Scroll down to find phone numbers and links to online email support
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...876&langid=100
it took 2 clicks to get to this page so I guess you need to count to ten and cool off for a while.

Thank you for being honest, I appreciate and understand where you're coming from.

I managed to take apart the pots and get some deoxit inside. Not thanks to Digidesign or Avid!
They sound clean now, and I hope it'll take some time before they start cracking again.
Mac Pro Quad 2.66, 20 GB RAM;
Audio/MIDI Hardware:
RME Fireface UC, M-Audio Keystation 88es + Akai LPK25 (USB);