View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools and Presonus Faderport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
Thanks.
I already have a ipad I don't use much that would fit nicely, and for most people it would seem perfect. But, because of neurological problems, I have difficulties with touch screens, simply pointing the finger and hitting the right spot. Knobs, buttons and faders, are better.

Also, a new S1 is double the price of the used faderport I just bought. And only eight faders.

I might just forget about plugin control. After all command8 never worked for me in that respect. Then, the only issue I would have with the faderport 16 is the four-letter abbreviation of track names, and it would follow me to my grave.

With the SSL UC1 I'm covered pretty good in the plugin controller thing.
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I believe you can also assign the soft keys at the bottom of the S1 to be transport, if you need physical buttons. I totally understand about the difficulties with touch screens as well as the price difference, so I am really not trying to convince anyone of anything, rather mentioning additional possibilities that may not be obvious or have been taken into account. I can say that plugin control on the S1 is really good, especially with custom plugin mapping. And flipping plugins, as well as sends, pan controls, etc., down to faders is really awesome!