View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Problem with Analog Inserts + Routing in Pro Tools

Andrew I will just add a bit to what Darrel has said

First the best most efficient way to get any help from the forum it to take the time to list your system (i.e. like I have in the "signature" section of the "User CU" )

With out that info it is very difficult to offer and meaningful ,targeted , suggestions.

I don't have Low latency monitoring so I can't check that

But this below sounds to me like a routing problem
Quote:
When I use an Analog insert within a track (just as I would a plugin insert), the audio will not come out of that track. However, if I route that same track audio to a buss or folder, the audio will play as normal.
If in fact if by "Analog insert" what you actually mean is a Hardware insert (which BTW can be either analog or digital) then it should work regardless of whether or not it is directly on an audio track or on an Aux track

Really helpful tools for diagnostics are screen shots particularly when talking about routing You might consider taking some screen shots of your Input , Output and Insert tabs in your I/O

For example here is my Hardware Insert routing

My 2 channel HW Compressor (labeled 3U Red arrow ) is routed in and out physical channels 5&6
My Stereo HW Reverb (labeled M7 Blue arrow ) is routed in and out physical channels 7&8
On my inserts tab 5&6 and 7&8

Input

Output

Insert

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 05-18-2022 at 07:12 AM.