View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Suggested PlugIns swap from UAD "classics"

I used to work with a lot of UAD plugins in my main studio but after the pandemics, I had to start doing much more work from my home studio using an Apollo Solo, which is really weak in DSP.

So I just start to try different Waves plugins to substitute UAD and I believe especially the new ones are as good as the UADs. My suggestion is to do some tests with SCheps, Vitamin, Abbey Road Series, and RS124. The analog and saturation stuff is really good.

Cheers,

Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremedy View Post
Hi team -

Long on/off relationship with protools. Now back in for good working on a small recording project with a Carbon, my 2019 MBPro and some quality mics that I've had for some time. The Carbon is frankly an incredibly satisfying piece of technology. Running PT Ultimate on my MacBookPro and loving tracking with DSP enabled. That one cat6 cable can drive that 1RU unit is unbelievable. The process is so organic to anyone who's studio tracked before.

One thing i'm unsure / missing are familiar touchpoints of hardware processing such as LA2A/3A, 1176 or Neve 33609, Lexicon Verb etc. I know that UAD plug ins require their own DSP unit if you're tracking. And from what I've read in this forum bringing another I/O alongside Carbon/PT is counter to reason I went with the Carbon in the first place.

So - asking the hive mind here for suggestions of either a workflow for integrating UAD Plugins into my workflow - or really just suggesting some AAX-DSP/Native Plugins that you feel are comparable?

PT 12.7 / Ultimate
MBP2019 / 4TB/ 2.4GHz 8core i9
64GB DDR4
Carbon I/O

Thanks for the advice.