View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: UAD-1 / Tiger / LE 6.9.2 - Terrible !!

OK, basically the UAD through the VST wrapper introduces about 1500 msec of delay per plug. This is a digi thing to keep LE users from using the UAD card as a way around buying an HD setup. In HD the delay is fully compensated for so there is no problem. Except of course the VST wrapper is a RTAS plug so it can't be used on Auxes or the Master (grrrr), at least until PT7 comes out.
In LE the only way around the delay problem is to make separate playlists and nudge the audio back the approrpiate amount, (displayed when you control click the volume value in the track you have a UAD inserted on). You can use a UAD plug on auxes by copying the track you want to send, nudging the new track back, and using that as a send to your aux. Basically a huge pain the the butt. I will say that the plugins sound GREAT when you get it all working and the value is amazing. I think it's totally worth the extra effort, you can have a great sounding Pultec and Fairchild for a fraction of the RTAS versions. Actually, for the amount digi charges for those plugins you can get ALL the UAD plugs including a really great Limiter, and EMT140 Plate, and lots more.
As far as the quitting and lack of instances on the UAD card, that is wrong. I get many more plugins running although I have an older G4 and they supposedly work better. Make sure you have the latest UAD software version and if you already do, contact UAD, they will help you make it work. Maybe your card is bad.
PS I actually upgraded to HD this week for many other reasons, and now I REALLY love the UAD stuff.
Good luck!