View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 03:00 PM
Avid

Default Re: DADman/MTRX Studio sample rate, Avid Control monitoring issues

Thanks. A few simple things....

I would not recommend auto-launching DADman when your computer boots. You can certainly have the proper .dms and .dmprof files automatically load when launching DADman - but ensure that your computer is fully booted first.

Unless you are using legacy HD interfaces (like HD IO + MTRX Studio), I would recommend running Word out of your primary MTRX Studio -> into Word in of your 2nd MTRX Studio. Set the Conf section appropriately to establish MTRX ST A > Conf > Sync source = Internal. MTRX ST B > Conf > Sync source = Word Clock.

All of the essential clocking settings are stored in the Conf section of DADman. When your .dms file is loaded it should 100% restore the settings for all attached MTRX devices which are part of the configuration.

If AAS is disabled you won't have to worry about a mismatch in sample rates between Core Audio and within DADman when using the Pro Tools HD engines - assuming Adapt to = DigiLink 1. Also - if you have a master clock like SYNC X - you can maintain a desired state in and out of Pro Tools and after reboot.

I presume that the Dante 64 daughterboard is being used as the Dante Leader Clock in your configuration, yes?

Jeff
MTRX FAQ