View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Pro tools white screen and loading spinner every hour, no mouse actions work

What Ben said^^^ but wait! There's more
What exactly is this drive doing?
hdd (F:) : 4TB (NTFS, 4kB) @ WDC WD40EZRX-22SPEB0 (4TB, SATA600, 3.5", 5400rpm)

Assuming its just backup, disconnect it(troubleshooting is about breaking things down to the bare minimum so you don't chase your tail). I would also kill Chrome and both Biometric items. Given how much RAM you have installed, I would pull half of it(consult the mobo manual for which slots should be used for 4 sticks). If nothing changes, I would then remove the 4 sticks that you kept, and install the other 4 sticks(in those same slots). If that results in any change, then you may have a bad stick of RAM.

Make sure there is nothing in the background doing auto-backups of anything(something that is timed to run every hour like you describe).

Last ideas:
1-I'm confused by the graphics showing multiples, so if you have more than a single card, I would pull all but 1 for testing.
2-if you are connected to the internet, disconnect(maybe something on your system is trying to "call home" every hour).
3-I don't know how AMD deals with hyperthreading, but on many intel setups, things can be more stable with that turned off(so you might consider doing the same to see if it helps)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave