View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 02:23 AM

Default alt-tab no longer working

Problem: from Pro Tools I can alt-tab into a program no problem, but alt-tabbing back doesn't work. The program Im on gets unhighlighted as if the system was trying to take me back to Pro Tools, but it doesn't. Or if I try switching back into PT by clicking the PT task bar item, sme thing. To change back I have to hit the desktop icon so all programs are minimized, and then hit the PT item in the task bar and it comes right up...

I'm confused as to why this just started happening, it was fine before. I work mostly with Pro Tools open and reason opened in slave mode and rewired to pro tools, no problem there. Everything was going fine except the pesky increase/decrease buffer errors, whatever, so I've been reading a lot and getting information together so I can trouble shoot that this weekend... the only thing I DID do this week was under device manager make sure my primary IDE and secondary IDE were both in DMA5 and DMA2 respectively, they were, but while I was in there I updated the driver for each one. This might not be the culprit, but it's the only thing I've changed. Any ideas? this isn't a big deal but I've always been a huge alt-tab user, it's quicker.