View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 06:43 PM

Default Re: If YOUR groove VANISHES after Recording an OD... It AINT your ears... ADC ATE IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
I don't think they have the resources any longer. Look at how spread out and slowly the PT9 updates have come. MUCH slower than in the past. Taking this into consideration, It's easy to now assume that the major fixes regarding, ADC and especially midi and RTAS could take another 5-7 years to address. Regardless, PT is what all mix stages use and I'll continue to use for tracking but for composing, it's sadly time to move over to another program.
A few years ago AVID made a public "apology" to their video users. Something about NOT having listened to their customers in the past. I wonder how long it will take before they need to repeat that STEP with Protools....

Their media composer is still a dino compared to what Premiere Pro and After Effects are offering...

It will take longer for a giant to stumble but when he does his fall is devastating..... AVID is a giant and supporting its weight on a fractured cain.. Still keeping it from tumbling but not forever, at least not without a fix...

Quote:
PT is what all mix stages use
For mixing only PT is great... And for recording a whole band....

but Imagine having a mix going with many plugs and a long system delay and calling your foley artists. Having them do about a 1000 dubs and then having to try manually nudge things about on the timeline...

ADC has been a problem since I have been using ProTools.... And I find it HAAAAAARD to understand why they keep fighting complaints and waving off the FACTS that ADC is a SICK child. Instead of taking a WEEK in the lab narrowing down the issues... They keep turning the blind eye to street.