View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Looking forward to this...

After wrestling with it for a couple of days, I set it aside and went back to my PTLE 8.0 rig. Then I ran across an HD2 (non-Accel) rig on eBay and put in a lowball bid just for laughs ... and actually won the thing for a very low price. So I swapped the LT-FW card for an LT-HD card, and have the Aurora 16 working with an HD1 rig and PT9 on Windows 7 64-bit. I am going to either get an expansion chassis or find a motherboard that will support multiple PCI cards with an i7 processor so I can use the Process card. Of course I still have to move all of my plugins over...

The nice about this is that I still have my LE rig, which will eventually get updated to Windows 7 and Pro Tools 9, and when that happens I will have the full CPT2 functionality on the 9 rig with the HD license on my iLok ... but I spent less money on the HD cards and the HD9 upgrade than the cost of the toolkit. So it was worth doing even if I decide not to use the HD rig. And I can put the old rig in a portable chassis now and start using it to record our band's live shows. Or use my laptop and an eSATA drive to do this along with my 002 Rack.