View Single Post
Old 05-29-2023, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Advice on setup please

Paulo, no problems with the late reply, I’m just grateful for the info!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
Ok, Point 1: Do you already have the Trinnov or going to buy one? I assume that your speakers setup are going to be fed from the outputs of the Trinnov…

Point 2: Nope, Core Audio TB is not going to be your playback engine. Well, it can be, but I suggest you use the Dolby Audio Bridge …

[3]OK, so, in my opinion there is a disadvantage regarding the Focusrite connections.
1. I don’t have the Trinnov yet. The only things I already have, which would be useable from my prior setup, are a D-Control ES (hence my need to use Rosetta), a Sync HD and BB/Tri-Level generator. Thanks for all the routing suggestions, seems pretty straight forward.

2. OK, your answer implies the DAB has no particular sync issues when used as PT’s playback engine. Good to know! I was only considering Core Audio TB as the playback engine because I was under the impression the DAB has sloppy sync, although that impression might only be true when the DAB is used as an AUX I/O output? If the DAB is unreliable when used from AUX I/O, I presume that would negate the benefit of frame edge sync with my option #1 (HDX/MTRX Studio) as my playback engine would need to be the hybrid engine?

3. Yep, there are a couple of issues I’ll need to figure out (talkback from the ICON for example). Moving the Focusrite to the mix room will be easy enough if I want to monitor a binaural mix, as I can’t see I’ll be needing to record ADR and monitor binaural at the same time.

The Sync HD will probably be useless if go with option #2 as the Core 256 will take BB/Tri-level sync from the generator but it might be necessary (in standalone mode) if the Trinnov needs word clock although it should just use the Dante clock, as it’s not doing any conversion.

Thanks again, G