View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Video engine in 22.5 and 22.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Always found the AJA stuff more reliable than Blackmagic. i was in a playback once with a room full of producers where video stopped outputting and we had to halt for hours. Couldn't figure out what happened.
Turned out to be the Blackmagic frame buffer was getting overfilled. Swapped the card to AJA and have, ever since, not gone down the Blackmagic route.
Yeah, Thanks, This confirms what I have been hearing. I was talking to several rooms and also a master instructor at avid and they all swear by the Aja stuff. The instructor seemed to think that there was something that the Blackmagic did not support when he was looking at it a while back and that was a problem for him. He was not sure if it had been updated, but I am totally leaning towards the Aja 4k plus when I do, but not needing it quite yet.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS