View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 01:50 PM

Default Re: AAF from cutter, all audio synced or just partially ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
But back to your question Joachim: I've never received an AAF with all split tracks already cut (!!!) into the timeline. No picture editor I've seen is willing to maintain a timeline with 50+ tracks. Usually it' the mix track. Camera mics only on documentaries but those are tricky because as you say there's no info they share with the sound recorder other than TC. Using camera mics is asking for trouble and a pain for sound post.

F.
Ah, good to know.
It is a documentary with no mix track (HFF Munich, final assignment).
In my case, there is no consistency, sometimes a mixdown (!) of two lavs(, with wind noise in lav1, when lav1 is not speaking, but lav2.)
Sometimes correctly all audios, sometimes camera sound only. And when importing the ISO via Field Recorder Workflows, I have to manually sync them to the camera, with up to 1 sec misaligned sync. (Maybe a Lockit-problem.)

The field recorder folder is partially stripped of all data like file comments and track names (Lav1, Lav2, Boom). It's now A3, A4, ... .
No original file names, mostly monsters like "11.09ParisSYNCED_EIFELTURM.sub.40-08.A3" or "20140808_08 Bild und Ton correct.sub.78-35.A2", when the field recorder names are like "PARIS10". What is the necessity for the picture editor to do this ?
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060