View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 03:07 PM
Avid

Default Re: Carbon - How to renew? Perpetual or subscription?

Baaack!

Let's start with the simple part... you ALL currently have a Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license in your Products Not Downloaded.

It is a normal perpetual license with a year of support & upgrades.

Once the year of support & upgrades lapses, you can choose to continue the contract to continue receiving updates & support.

The Pro Tools Subscription portion is new, and is currently not functioning as expected.

It is what we have been calling a Perpetual Parachute and it is intended to ALWAYS leave you with a Pro Tools license so you can always use your Carbon.

Once the Pro Tools Subscription expires, it is supposed to turn into a Perpetual license. This is not working correctly and we are actively trying to get it fixed.

Once it lapses into a Perpetual license, you can obviously continue to use PT, but you will be missing the goodies (updates, plugins, Heat, support etc) that came with the Subscription.

You can renew the Subscription at any time to flip the Perpetual back to a Subscription. There is not a grace period, you can currently renew the day after it lapses or a year later with no penalty.You can do this from MyAvid OR from a reseller... I do not think these are working correctly at the moment either. I have additional calls on this topic today and again on Monday to understand why.

I hope this helps... we're working hard to get the licensing all sorted for you all.

I'll let you know mor eonce I know more!

m
Professional Audio Systems

For immediate assistance:
Pro Tools & Eucon Surfaces - +1 888-456-3444
Venue Support - +1 978-275-2557

Find out how to create, manage, and edit cases online now HERE
It's fast, easy, and effective!