View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

I just wanted to point this HUI to ethernet thing out because Avid said how complex writing 64 bits drivers would be a lot code etc etc

I've always thought that HUI was MIDI only and I wasn't aware that it could work through ethernet as well. So maybe there could be a workaround for someone to write something for the Pro Control and Control 24.

We all know that Avid won't release anything. So maybe there could be a workaround despite the technical aspect. I don't know how complex it would be.

I understand that Avid won't release anything and I think that anyone could understand why customers want to say that this is not fair. That's all.

Unless you've already invested in HDX, I think it's fair enough not to upgrade. To be honest, do we really need Pro Tools 11? I'm on HD 8.1 and besides offline bounces and 64 bits for those who need large amount of rams, there's nothing groundbreaking just new cool little things not worth the money.

So for now, let's use what we have and in the future we'll know what to expect from Avid and spend our money more wisely.