View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Strong input signal but no sound monitoring or playback

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
That^^^, and also open Setup>Hardware and make sure that the Steinberg is the selected "Audio engine". Are you working with speakers or headphones? Check all connections(even me, with 35 years under my belt, has been known to mis-patch something). And, since you are on Windows, open Settings>Sound and make sure that the Steinberg interface is NOT being used as the Windows default playback device

Youtube is a decent source of free tutorials to get started. Groove3 is a paid deal but everyone I know that has signed up has been very happy with the results
Well I just found the problem. I wasn't getting sound from my headphones plugged into the laptop but I used the 1/4 inch cable I got from the headphones and plugged them into the interface and I have sound now. I feel stupid but I'm glad I figured it out haha

I went to the setup app in the hardware tab and got this error. Maybe this has something to do with why I'm not getting sound from the laptop. I'm just gonna plug the headphones into the interface from now on but does anyone have an idea of what this could be? "Audio interruption due to USB error is detected. Refer to the troubleshooting in the operation manual."