View Single Post
Old 10-29-2015, 02:54 PM

Default Apogee Duet FW apogeepopup reportcrash

This is just in case it might help someone in case they find themselves in my position just the other day:

I bought a used Duet Firewire in fine condition to use with my small home setup:
Mac Pro 3.1, separate boot partition only for PT use: OS X 6.8, PT 10.3.10.

I installed the driver and software, and things seemed to work fine. However, I noticed a process called reportcrash almost maxing out my CPU every ten seconds. Didn't cause actual problems initially, but I didn't like it much.

Activity Monitor showed the process called apogeepopup launching and crashing at the same time.

I tried all the different versions of the apogee software I could find, but no luck. Then I searched google for "apogeepopup crash" and I found this:

https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j...S7XofNRTKKJ06g

It turns out apogeepopup (a little indicator window that shows the value on-screen when you turn the Duet controller) needs the Arial font to be installed and active, and no crash. Everything is fine. I just activated Arial with the application Font Book (or font manager or whatever it's called in other languages).

Many thanks to mattkramer, and I must add, My Duet in combination with my Dynaudio's sound FANTASTIC!

Ben.

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 12-06-2015 at 03:43 PM.