View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 02:12 PM

Default Re: 50% off waves TDM -- bad sign??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2 View Post
Well if you've noticed, when you buy waves plugins, you download the installers and get an ilok authorization, so there is no stock. It is a virtual product that lives on a server. So it's not as if they have a bunch of "stock" laying around they are trying to get rid of. That being said I think they are definitely trying to boost sales of the TDM plugins before the big announcement of the next generation of Protools Hardware. Could be at NAB.
Maybe if you don't use Santa Claus as a middleman...he left a nice box under the tree with my Waves plugins inside.

I believe that is not "virtual" stock; it's "physical" stock, sitting around in a lot of warehouses...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh