View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 01:17 PM

Default Re: intel i7 930 PTLE 9094 hell.... (sandra report incl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuang View Post
Hey, Guitar,

I don't have the easy tune software installed.

I've switch graphic cards first to a 512mb one then to a 256mb one and now it's worst.
Everytime Pro tools boots up with the "setting up MIDI" message the PC now turns itself off.
I've tried switch back to the original 1gb card and it does the same thing so something serious FUBAR is happening.

the C drive was a brand new Caviar Black drive, and I've already install xp 2x on it to try to solve this.

I'll try the bios tweak on the i7 thread
i would also check these apps, core temp and the dpc latency checker key had some early problems on his build due to bad heat dispersion, and the dpc lat checker, you can find if you have some bad driver issues that could be related to anything from vid card when redrawing or even a mouse and keyboard, seen all kinds of quirks.

have you checked your startup programs and slimmed it down to the necessity. i only have my ati vid card and mme refresh going on startup. could be another program or app causing issues as well. you have completely uninstalled pt and reinstalled it??

i would go back to the 256 vid card. is it ati??? sounds like you have conflicts or corruption going on. have you set the 3gb switch???

i believe most of us doing just basic windows install have our drives set to ide, not ahci which you have to install extra drivers on install or slip stream them later which has not proven to be a gain. maybe some others can verify it is set to ide. no time to fire up the rig right now for me to check.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10