View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Blue Interfaces and PT 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Seriously, cut it off.

We all remember the feelings of the user base when Avid announced there will not be new drivers for Pro Control and old C24 in PT11 but that is different, because Avid would have had to create that driver *AND* make sure there are enough spare parts for the hardware. The latter is the real reason.

Now they don't have to do a thing and the blue interfaces are (supposedly) going to keep working. They would in fact have to do extra work to make old interfaces and 3rd party reverse-engineered interfaces not working, which is what they said they won't be doing when PT11 was released. I have heard nothing that would imply they've changed their minds.

Could you please at least wait until PT12 is out and we can really try it out? Pretty please? It's so lame to worry about it now. You're like Asterix who is always fearing that sky is falling on his head -- so enough of that magic potion and wait for the release. Please.
Well, I understand what you are saying and maybe that isn't the case at all.

And maybe it won't happen on PT12 release, but eventually it will.
I mean a required firmware update could solve that without any reverse engineering.

Part of the reason for this is again AVID is unclear. A friend of mine wants to do an upgrade and I don't want to tell him the blue is fine if it isn't going to be.

I'll find out tomorrow. If you haven't heard anything, then cool. There are a lot of blues in the wild and you can get them pretty cheap compared to buying it new.
So it is cause for concern those who might want to get a few more Blues now when they can, but hesitate because of the "gray" area that AVID has left open.

That is where and why I am concerned.
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables