View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 02:28 PM

Default Re: HDX Classic / Hybrid engine low latency bus routing question

Thanks men for your reply!

I was guessing already that protools would disable the virtual instrument when that instrument channel is routed to an AUX that is placed on the DSP path.

Indeed disabling the output delay compensation on the bus solves the delay while playing /recording. However if I punch in on an instrument track that already contains recorded material on it, it’s a true hell to listen to, and then I rather route it away from the bus directly to the monitor path and route it back when done recording.

There seems to be sort of an exemption for time-based non-dsp plug-ins like reverbs that can be set to DSP-safe mode, so they will stay ‘live’ when tracks are in DSP mode. If that could be done for virtual instruments also, that would be great.

LUNA (that new daw of universal audio) solves it by placing instrument (and also audio) tracks directly to the monitor path as soon as you record enable a track with their ARM mode enabled. So there are daws that already know how to manage handling of virtual instrument playability within a hybrid/DSP based mixing workflow. I hope it could be implemented in Pro Tools as well since I’m no way as fast in other DAWs as in pro tools.

Last edited by RobertDorn; 09-21-2021 at 03:50 PM.