View Single Post
Old 09-19-2021, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Carbon- Basic Questions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1mce2 View Post
I can assume you use a plugin controller for your M7's (M7 link or M7 Control) for recall purposes?
Actually No (not yet anyway ) Understanding that I am a private user and do not record anyone but myself. I have found the 4 preset buttons handle the most of the basic variations I use for reverb, and is more than sufficient. (which is mostly singer songwriter type productions )
I have the basic parameters and any user adjustments (like pre delay etc.) preset and just change the amount of send depending on the specific instrument or vocal sound I am after an how I want it to sound in the mix ( and of course, the send amount saves and recalls with the session) . And like you, if I want something really noticeable for effect I sometimes just use a reverb or delay plugin directly on the track

For example in this original music video I did recently with the Carbon.
I am using about as much reverb effect on the vocal as I am likely to use (M7 Sunset Chamber preset with pre delay added ) then also automated to bypass in out,,, directly on the vocal track I am using the PT stock Tape echo plugin.

https://youtu.be/PN3WxHxWwCo

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 09-19-2021 at 06:20 AM.