View Single Post
Old 10-27-2022, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Let's hear your latest stuff....right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowtice View Post
Thought I would share my project. This I recorded somewhere around 12 years ago in my 1 bedroom apartment with my Digi002R based system. I worked at Sweetwater so I had access to a lot of great equipment, I believe I recorded these guitars in mid-side configuration with an R121 and a Cactus. More than my rent. Anyway please like and subscribe. Thank you for listening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDRDDvh4G6c
I dug the track.
Like the vibe and dynamics; especially when the vocals come in strong and at the right time.
I wish I could express myself like that vocally.

Maybe fade it from the 4min mark out to 4:10.
The extra part at the end is cool but I felt fulfilled as a listener at the 4min mark (the song provided a really good high-point & release by that point) and the following 10 seconds lends itself perfectly to a fade out.

The intro is fine (and there are no rules) but the current duration might be better in a full length album context. As a single, maybe amend the length of the intro a bit.
You know people and their attention span on the internet these days.
I like the vibe when the vocals come in and suggest you bring that in sooner.
But nothing wrong with laying the full scope of ideas down. Makes for a nice & complete production reference.

As far as the recording, I know it's a bedroom demo. Nevertheless, the song came across and I felt it~

Thank you for sharing keep up the expressive writing!

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory