View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 01:07 PM

Default iLok Lost & Found

Was hoping to get some feedback on here re: a lost iLok which I was lucky enough to find just as I sent in the RMA request to iLok that has since deactivated the licenses on it. I specifically am seeking help on what the next step would be because I could easily drop a bunch of money for something I may not potentially need.

iLok (2nd gen) is working, looks like it is connected to my iLok account still. Licenses for PT10/11 are no longer in and their initial customer support email said that this process was permanent. They instructed me to contact Avid who then told me to contact iLok but I believe this may have been a miscommunication error. Waiting on responses from them. not sure when that will be.

In theory I should just be able to have my licenses placed back onto my iLok dongle given that it is functioning and I have long since paid for this product. I have very little hope however that it will be this easy as I don't expect Avid or iLok to care about a customer who isn't hooked into their current subscription model.

Contacting Avid by phone is impossible without a support code which costs $50 and if I need to replace my dongle that is going to be another $60 + a bunch of other "service fees" that will conveniently pop up I am sure.

Before I open my wallet and spend $100+ on vultures is there anything I can do in this situation to make this as painless as possible? The solution seems simple to me but I have heard nothing positive from this company regarding customer service so I am going in with very low expectations.