View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 AM

Default Eleven Rack FX Loop - True Stereo Signal Flow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyang View Post
/snip/
So when the Input is selected as "Line in L", the same signal goes out both FX Loop L and Fx Loop R. And when the Input is "Line In R" the same thing happens. This is expected I guess. But when I set the Input to "Line In L+R" - the signal from both line inputs gets summed and is sent out both FX loop points simultaneously, not separately! So L+R goes out FXL, and FXR!

Sure - this is a different kind of usage to what was intended with the FX loop - but if I was sending a stereo signal into the Eleven for FX processing, I wouldn't want the right channel to go out the left FX loop point and vice versa, would rather it be treated as proper stereo!
/snip/
This is working exactly as designed and documented, and a shown in the rig view in the Eleven Rack Pro Tools GUI... notice the mono and stereo signal paths. The Eleven Rack virtual rig only has a mono input. The virtual rig only become stereo after processing by a stereo output block, like the stereo reverb. If you put the fx loop after that block you would have the stereo reverb correctly sent to the two different FX channels. But there is no way to get the rig input itself to be stereo. Not an important requirement since there are not many stereo guitars out there. And this would require running two amp and cab sims in parallel. which would be nice for other reasons, and we don't have that feature yet, and I would not be holding my breath for ever seeing that in an upgrade.

The Fractal Axe FX can do closer to what you want (not to mention it has pretty good delay sims, which might just replace the Moog to start with), but you are still trying to screw a screw in with a hammer. The Eleven rack delay sims don't do it for you?

Darryl