View Single Post
Old 03-21-2022, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Hdx, native plugins not loading by Hdx card

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcmella View Post
thanks...

Really I'm not very familiar with these differences in architecture AAX-DSP or Native....

I thought that AAX-Native it was loaded by cores of HDX card and AAX-DSP by Internal CPU cores....
Really is the opposite right? I'm very lost with all this....

So from the other side, ¿why is the insert (as you can see at the capture screen) all inserts are loading only by a core and distributed by 8 cores... all be load into a core and breaking the capacity of the CPU load?.

Big question:
Really when I place only four-5 inserts from Acustica all are CHARGED IN A SINGLE CORE and break the system.

I have the buffer at maximum capacity, Testing deferent Memory cache sizes.... and ever is the same.

And doing another test, I place the playback engine from internal outputs with Hdx and work better with same conditions, but when I select the HDX card for the playback engine, don't work.

Thank so much for the answers!!

It is a bit unclear from your screenshot what version of Pro Tools you are using. You have a lot of quite heavy plugins on a single channel. It appears you might be running HDX in classic mode too? If you have access to Pro Tools 2021.6 or later you may find that enabling hybrid mode will better suit your needs.

Acustica is unfortunately just really CPU intensive because of its dependence on dynamic impulse responses.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.