View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Saffire 56 Sample Rate Problems - Sample rates changing during start up

Trainwrecker I certainly will be asking them about the firewire card as well as the driver. Thank you for that info and for taking the time to look over my comps stats.

In the mean time I have discovered a work-around. I would much rather have the real solution, but for now at least I can get PT running as well as open and run my old projects.

Creating, saving, and reopening new projects isn't much of a hassle... it's when I try to fire up old projects.

Let me share my temporary workaround for now just in case it helps others:
First off I disabled ALL other sound devices. This is not a problem for me as this comp is only used for PT 10. I use the Focusrite to run all my sound.
Second I went in to sound properties and set the Saffire to 2 chan, 24 bit, 96kz.
Here's where it gets trickey. If I want to open a PT comp that was recorded in 96kz I have to set the Saffire Mix control to 48kz (the wrong KZ on purpose) I will then open PT and try to open my project. At that point PT crashes but in the process of trying to open the Saffire mix control self sets to 96kz by its self. I then close PT and close Saffire. reopen Saffire (it is now set to 96kz by default) and then I can open my PT comp.
WOOFTA! What a drag man. But at least I can open and run any project at any setting for now.

I have to say - I would love to get this all worked out because when that saffire hardware is running it is AWESOME.