View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Re: The Allenstein Quadzilla Machine

Great to see you back 3J. I just helped guitardom build his Quad. So far it's been running great. But we cant duplicate your Dverb results. It is all pointing at the Maudio hardware at this point.

Quote:
...Something's rotten in Denmark there, you should be getting at least 150 based on Shane's results with a pair of 1.8GHz 265's (your 270's are 2.0GHz). Did you set the max CPU to 95%?
Yes. The max is actually 140 which seems about right compared with mine. Dont forget that Dverb is quite the CPU pig.

Quote:
The M-Audio PCI interface factoring into my scores may have merit after all Shane...
Ya, it is starting to look like that after all.

Quote:
Pull CPU 2, 1GB ram DIMM in A1 and A2 (I have Corsair as well)
It wont boot when configured like this.

[/QUOTE]Then the only substantial differences are the interface and maybe the video card. If I can do 220 D-Verbs and you can only do 70, then we've narrowed it down considerably. I'll set it up now...

[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Keep us posted.

Can you also post or email me your complete system specs so that I can put it in the first thread for any future builders out there. So far we have 4 stable and very well working Quads on the forum. Thanks 3J.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit