Thread: MIDI Sync issue
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: MIDI Sync issue

Well, I'm still nowhere on this one. I also set up a MIDI track and selected the Motif as the input source. I can play all my soft synth plug-ins off the motif, and the controllers (pb, mod wheel, etc) all work just fine that way. And if I play a midi sequence, it will play on the motif just fine. BUT, I can't get the clock in PT to sync with the MOTIF so I can sync up arps, for example. I'd like to sync an arp off XPAND with one off the Motif and that is not happening, and I can't understand why. What is the equivalent command on PT that says "send the midi clock timing out to this module" ? I thought it would be the midi beat clock set-up, which I set to go to the Motif. But that doesn't seem to do the trick. What other step is there? I can't find it in the manual, or I'm not looking at the right instruction or something.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Or, maybe the otherway, where the Motif clock out controls the tempo in PT. At this point, I'd take either one. Its frustrating. I just know its something really simple, but for the life of me can't figure out what.