View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 12:03 PM

Default Re: \"No-Lo\" System Requirements

1. Since I'm working in non-linear will the film come in several "reels" or will I be working with the entire 90 minute film? You'll want a fine cut of the film as one QT file with embedded audio.

2. Is the QT movie actually part of the OMF file? No. They are separate. But you won't need the OMF as you are just adding audio, not mixing. So you wont need any discreet production audio that the OMF would provide. Just request a version of the QT file has any place-holder music removed.

3. Will the time code be burnt into the QT movie or will I need to request it? It may be burnt in. If not, ask what TC location from FCP the QT file starts at, line up your Video track, and the stereo audio you have pulled from it during the video import process, and as long as you are at the same frame rate as the FCP session, than you are good to go. Their ADR notes will line up with your timeline.

4. Are there still issues with wav files vs. aiff files in FCP? Used to be limited to 16bit AIFF files, but this has probably changed.

5. Should I rent a Syncheck and check for any system latency? No

@timothyday_musicandsound
Timothy Day