View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 11:59 PM

Default 002 randomly stops working!!

Hello Everyone!

I've had my 002 Rack for over two years now and it hasn't had a problem. But recently, it's started to give me troubles.

I will turn it on, and after about 5 minutes it will randomly stop working. The sample rate LED will shut off, and then the device will start click for a bout 5 seconds, and then it becomes unresponsive. I will try to load up Pro Tools, and it will tell me to "Turn on my DAE device" or it will give me "DAE error 1115." Then I might try turning it off and then turning it back on again, and 50% of the time it will just start clicking again and the sample rate LED will never turn on.

Then the other 50% of the time it will start working again for another 5 minutes. I reformatted my computer, so I know the problem isn't my drivers or the computer. Does anyone know what I can do? Is there any way to reset the firmware on my device?

Should I send it in to be repaired? I tried finding the California Digidesign Repair Facility number on the digidesign.com contact page, but to no avail. Does that place even exist?

I appreciate any help you guys can give me. It's been so faithful to me thus far, I really hope this can be fixed and I can be happy with my 002 for at least another year or two.

Thanks,
Jon