View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 07:47 PM

Default Pro Tools HD 9 not recognizing pcie core card

I just installed a pcie core card and accel card in my mac pro. When I boot Pro Tools it boots under Aggregate I/O instead of HD. I can't get Pro Tools to recognize the cards, and every time I try to run Digitest it says the hardware is in use by another application (nothing else is open). I can see in system profiler that the OS is recognizing the cards as being installed.

My computer is a 2008 Mac Pro dual quad-core 2.8. 4 gigs of RAM. The computer is on the Avid approved list. Running up to date version of 10.6.8. Pro Tools 9.0.6. Interfaces are 2 Apogee AD16Xs and 1 DA16X.

I've tried taking the Accel card out, moving the Core card to different pcie slots, uninstalling and re-installing Pro Tools. I've checked to make sure that R35 and all of the other frequently damaged surface mount components are in tact. I've tried reseating the cards. I've double checked that my Pro Tools 9 HD license is on my installed iLok.

At this point I'm thinking I've got a bad core card? It's used, but bought from a friend who was running it successfully with Pro Tools 10 in his Mac Pro.

Help!