View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 09:00 AM

Default Re: ADAT Bridge 24bit - internal battery

I have owned many Adat bridges, both the 20bit and 24bit versions. AFAIK They do not have any kind of internal memory, and therefore do not have batteries. If you notice when you power them on, the settings you last used don’t take effect until the computer you have connected is fully booted up - pro tools/dae is what saves the settings for digital format and sample rate.

Due to the age and value (or the lack thereof) of a 20 year old interface, I don’t think it’s worth repairing one of these units. If the unit is bad, I would suggest putting an ad on the buy/sell section of this forum to see if someone nearby has an old one laying around they want to sell.

That being said, these are usually very reliable interfaces, I have NEVER had one of these fail. If the unit isn’t working correctly, it is usually an error with software configuration, word clock, or a problem related to incorrectly connecting the 2 digilink connections.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?