View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Carbon- Basic Questions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwavo View Post
Hi hi,
I am a new Carbon user. I guess my question is whether I should increase the HW Buffer from 256 samples. Would this have any affect on the monitoring latency of a recording track when the DSP lighting bolt is engaged . Yes I have delay compensation engaged and I am running 24/48k currently.
I haven’t had any latency issues with other plugins by avid, Weiss, Cytomic.
Just curious if this is a common problem with certain plugins…

Thanks again
How can you tell you're getting latency on a reverb plug? I mean, it's reverb, you won't hear latency except as some additional pre-delay.
Ecoplate is not an AAX-DSP plug, so you won't be able to put it directly on a channel and use Carbon DSP - but it sounds like you are using it correctly on an aux. Carbon cannot do delay compensation on native plugins when tracking unless it's an AAX-DSP. But I'm not clear if you're hearing latency while tracking or if you're whole track is delayed once it's written?

Changing the HW Buffer doesn't change the DSP monitoring of Carbon, only the buffer size for existing playback tracks (and you won't hear the difference, it's entirely compensated) and for Native VIs.

There may just be something wrong with Ecoplate that's screwing the delay compensation..

Dominic