View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Can anyone do a step by step on using the optical as adat

Not that this may help but since I've been in situations where simple TOSLINK things don't work for stupid reasons. Let me suggest some stupid tests.

What sample rate are you working at?

Try to quickly debug this with other stuff. If you hook up a S/PDIF in headphone amp to the Carbon output can you hear output?

Don't even have an digital in headphone amp? Try looping back a TOSLINK cable to the Carbon and confirm it sees S/PDIF in from it's S/PDIF out.

Have anything with S/PDIF out, a CD-player anything, using the same TOSLINK cable confirm the meter works to that, yes even if it worked before.

Oh and look in the TOSLINK ports/on cable ends. Yes even if stuff worked elsewhere. The stupid little end caps have a way of ending up jammed in there. From *somebody else* forgetting to remove them.

Does anybody have one of these meter running from a Carbon S/PDIF output?

I would hope the meter reads all flavors of S/PDIF and S/PDIF like signals and that Carbon outputs without copy protect flag and no pre-emphasis... OK nobody would deliberately do that, but I hope it's been checked, and the consumer flag is set correctly for SPDIF over TOSLINK. (This paragraph is more a grumble... I just wish vendors would clarify in documentation exactly what S/PDIF and flags they set/accept/ignore).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 11-10-2021 at 10:56 AM.