View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 06:50 AM

Default Re: More PTX Buffer Errors: -9128

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistalo View Post
I'm running an imac duel 3.06 16 gig ram osx 10.6.8. I have the same buffer and elastic audio issues opening my pt8 sessions in pt10. I crossgraded straight from pt8 to pt10. I'm having trouble running my heavy sessions with my usual 1024 mix settings. Most of my sessions eventually need to be run at 1024 and it acts too sensitive and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to playback performance when raising the buffer to 1024. I get the blinking play button and stop button or error message when opening my pt8 sessions that are heavy and need every bit of the 1024. I had to remove a bunch of plug ins to get playback going in pt10. I think I tried going down in buffer too, but I also know that these sessions were super loaded. I tried most of the heaviest sessions I had specifically to test the two pt versions at the same settings expecting my sessions to perform better and faster. Unfortunately it seemed to be worse. It reminds me of pt5 when the sessions would flow better at 128 on some systems with no explanation. I'm looking forward to opening all of my sessions in pt10 with no problems. We need to be able to open these sessions without a hitch. I also have to check the ignore errors box although I never have to usually check that box.
Tuesday, when I get a chance, I'll see if I can get my laptop (w/ PTX) to run with a Metric Halo interface (@1024). Being that the aggregate works, it may work with a third party interface. This may isolate the problem down to the 002/003 family stuff(including the drivers). It would be nice if someone with a non-avid/digi interface checked in with what they have been seeing @1024???.

Ronzie

Home rigs:
Mac pro 5,1 2.66 nehalem quadcore (10.12.2 &10.13.1),24g ram,sonnet firewire 400 card, Samsung ssd 3-1T WD Caviar black (internals), 002r, PT 12.6.1 HD & 12.8.2.106).

Macbook Pro 2.5ghz quad (10.12.2),16g ram, 2 X SSD (internal),PT 12.4 HD