View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 03:01 AM

Default 5.1 Pathway is not showing up in Master Output Drop Down Menu

I am having a strange error with 5.1 output pathways. I am currently trying to take a number of sessions that were originally mixed in Stereo with a straight LR master output and convert them to 5.1.

I have gone into the first session and created a new 5.1 Pathway in the I/O Setup menu. Then I have created a new 5.1 Master Ouput. The new pathway I created exists in the Output Fader I/O Drop down menu fine and I am able to assign this pathway to this Master Output and am hearing signal. So far so good.

However when I open the NEXT session this 5.1 pathway is not seen in the drop down menu when I create a new Master Fader. It still exists in the I/O Setup menu when I check it. However I cannot create a new Master Output channel that will see this pathway in its drop down menu.

I CAN however create yet ANOTHER 5.1 pathway in the I/O setup whilst having this file open and this one DOES appear in the drop down menu of any new 5.1 Master Fader. However if I create such a new 5.1 Pathway it tells me that it cannot exist on the same channels, at the same time as the original one I created in the first session.

Because that first 5.1 Pathway still exists in the I/O Setup there is a clash if I try and create a new one. So I am not able to just create a new 5.1 Pathway per session. What is the way to work around this problem? Should a 5.1 Pathway created in a session not appear in all subsequent sessions globally?

I am running a PC with an Intel i7-4770 CPU @ 3.4GHz

Windows 10 Pro

Soundcard RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface II

32 GB RAM

Pro Tools Ultimate Version 2018.4.0

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.