View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 activation error-licensing service not running error message

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Since the I-lok is a USB device, double check and make sure you DISABLED all your USB power management. It shuts off USB ports when the computer "thinks" they're not being used.
Amen^^^ and if you missed that system tweak, reveiw and implement ALL the tweaks.

Step #2 if it happens again, open Task Manager and click the Services tab and find PaceLicenceDServices and see if it says Running in the Status column. If its not, right-click on it and try starting it. If that works, open Services and make sure Pace is set to start automatically (which it should by default, but stranger stuff has happened).

What interface are you using? If its firewire, be aware that the VIA FW controller(kudos for posting the Sandra) may not be compatible for audio(a FW card with a TI chipset could be a solution for this). Last bit of info; integrated graphics has historically been a "show stopper" with Pro Tools. Not sure that is the case now, or with this motherboard, but you may get better performance by disabling the onboard graphics and installing a modest nVidia card(210 or 610 card with 1GB of Dram is plenty for PT use and should cost you under $50). Food for thought

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave