View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Compensate Input/Output Delay with external converters – not H/W Insert delay!

Well, I read exactly the same somewhere else "Pro Tools can not know …"
But I know the latency of that external device, so please give me the possibility to set it within the I/O Settings. Is this really so hard to make it work? I would really like to see an official statement why this is not implemented just as the H/W Insert Delay. And again, the H/W Insert Delay is not usable for this issue.

Let me tell you something more:
When “compensate for input/output delay after recording pass” are both unchecked, the 192 analog to analog is 86 samples late while 192 analog to 192 ADAT through Octopre is only 40 samples late. Seems that the Octopre conversion is much faster.

When you enable delay compensation step by step you will notice that the checkmark “compensate for output delay after recording pass” will make a difference of 22 samples for both loops. But “compensate for input delay after recording pass” makes a difference of 64 samples for the analog input and only a difference of 2 samples for the ADAT input. And this makes the Octopre 16 samples late.

So why can we not just change that 2 samples to 18 samples and the result would be in sync?!
I wish some programmer could tell me the file I need to open in a hex editor and change a few lines to make this happen.

I also found a feature request from 2009 about that…
https://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd...ion/17518-3779