View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 11:12 AM

Default Re: QT import and export in Catalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
True, it's a more complex issue. And Avid has had the time to work up a remedy. What I meant by Apple making it more difficult for audio was the fact that there's no Pro version of QT10. Extracting/adding audio files to QT movies is a daily occurrence for us, and thankfully QT7-Pro still operates on machines prior to Catalina and extracting/adding audio is a breeze. But that changes in Catalina as Apple continues to lock out the pro-sumer with limiting step like that. In my opinion, Avid should have a fix for this by now, but it's an issue for us end-users due to the effort of one company and the lack of effort of the other. I'm hoping Big Sur is actually a step forward for productivity of this kind, but wouldn't be surprised if the opposite is true.

Using workarounds isn't new for PT users.
Yes - the best workaround for constant video import/export is keeping an old machine alive. Not a good solution for a professional product, but here we are. Meanwhile, it would be nice if PT could at least handle importing AAC and m4a audio. It's hard to understand why those audio files are still not supported.