View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Native 11th Anniversary!

I fondly remember my introduction to Protools with the Digi 001. It also got me onto my first ever mac (G4 dual 500) and I made many (rather harsh) recordings during my learning curve trnsitioning from an analog to a digital setup.

I used to frequent the DUC whilst at my day job, just waiting to get home and do more recording and mixing. Now it is my business.

Due to unforseen circumstances I had to sell my 001, mac and all the outboard I had accumulated (incl. FATSO) in 2004 and was left with having to use PT Free on a Powerbook, which I used right up until this year (along with an Apogee Mini Me & VX Pocket soundcard).

I recorded 2 full albums on that little system. Long live PT 5.0.1 and Mac OS9!

Now I have a new iMac i7 and an Eleven Rack, still got the Mini Me and I'm back up to date with Protools and happy to be "Home".

I don't mean to sound like a fanboy because I see the good and bad points of all DAWs (still waiting for ADC!), but I have to say I'm very grateful for the existence of Protools and finding out about the DIGI001 from my engineer friend at Sarm Studios in London.