Avid

Default Re: Profire 2626 and distorted audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyndragon View Post

Nobody seems to have any suggestions...
There are plenty of suggestions in those threads. You say

Quote:
I've followed the troubleshooting steps in both threads,
yet I still only see 1 internal hard drive listed for your system. One of the points we put in bold and red in the General Troubleshooting thread states:

Quote:
IMPORTANT! You MUST use a secondary hard drive (not your main OS drive) for recording and playback of audio in Pro Tools. Recording or playback from the OS drive is known to be problematic and the cause of many different error types. If you are using your system drive and encountering errors, the first thing you should do is get a compatible drive. USB drives are not supported and are known to be problematic, so please do not use them with Pro Tools. If you're recording or playing back from a USB drive and are getting errors in Pro Tools, please switch to using a compatible external firewire drive or internal SATA/ATA/IDE drive and disconnect the USB drive.
So, unless I'm missing something you're already missing one of the major causes for issues like this. If you missed that one, I suspect you may not have done all the General Troubleshooting.

I would start by getting qualified drive, then test again. If you continue to have problems, go through the General Troubleshooting again and make sure you do all the steps.