View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Venue SC48 and Pro Tools LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Johnson View Post
Justin,

i think you are wise to be looking at multiple digital console options and the m7 should definately be on your list in this pricerange. i think this whole conversation has become a bit more narrowly focused than the topic really is. Your question about PTLE is very legitimate. there are of course many more differences between a SC48 and an M7 than are immediately obvious. the M7 has more potential monitor busses (and will be proper 24 buss in the summer) as well as more interfacing options with 3rd party equipment and has digital snake capabilities also.

Im sure you'll weigh up the options and settle on a good solution.
Chris-

Thanks for the input. You are right, of course, that there are many other factors to consider in choosing a mixer. But my intended purpose for this thread wasn't so much to seek out help in choosing a mixer, although input on that side of things is appreciated. I've already spent quite a bit of time considering many, if not most, of the other factors involved as they apply to our situation, and I'll have time to consider all of those things again as we go through the process.

But the reason I posted this thread was primarily to try to find out if there's an upgrade to the PTLE interface in the pipeline anytime soon. I'm sure Sheldon and company are very busy right now with the release of this console, but I'm hoping someone from Digidesign will chime in sometime soon.